CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A New Year: Starting Fresh

Now that we are in a new year, I've set many goals for myself and my class. The new year is a great time to look over what you have done and see what you can change. I also like to use it as a time to start fresh. When the students come back from break, we begin as if it's the first day of class. We go over all the class routines and discuss the rules. Of course this takes less time than at the beginning, but I find that it helps the students to come back focused.

This year through reflection I've decided that I need to work more on our word work/ spelling. I began using the Words Their Way program in my class this year for the first time and I really like it. I haven't been doing all of the routines it suggests though. I think the students would benefit from all the weekly routines that are included in Words Their Way. I've been looking for resources and I've included some that I've found below. What spelling program do you use? How do you like it?

Words Their Way Resources:

http://educationextras.com/wordstheirway.html
http://yung.wikispaces.com/Words+Their+Way



0 comments:

Post a Comment